13 essential questions, if you answer NO to 5 or more you should definitely contact Irishcomputers to arrange a FREE no-obligation site visit.
1. Have you got a backup system, if then, have you ever tested restoring backups?
From whole servers to single files to ensure that it really works when you need it in a disaster recovery.
2. Do you have a disaster recovery plan?
In case of prolonged power failure, fire, flood, theft.
3. Have you created in-house rules for access permissions and other safety, security and administrative rules?
4. Do you have an up to date anti-virus protection for all machines?
5. Is there a good administration in place with regard to your IT systems?
Maintaining records of software licences, domain names, service contracts for peripherals like printers, liaising with
6. Is there a contact in place that is able to answer basic questions?
How to use the software and hardware, and troubleshooting minor problems.
7. Do you have someone in-house that looks after the maintenance of your server?
Creating, maintaining and deleting users from the network, creating and resetting passwords, restart server, back up
procedures, restoring data
8. Is there a contact in place who looks after the security of system including email, internet and
9. Is there a contact in place to install or re-install equipment?
Servers, PCs, laptops, printers, scanners, etc, along with their related drivers
10. Is there a contact in place that deals with critical updates and upgrades of your software??
11. Is there a contact and procedure in place with regard to cleaning up machines that have been infected with
viruses, Trojans, worms or other malware and prevent further infection throughout the network?
12. Is there a contact in place for urgent issues?
Immediate contact for troubleshooting of network problems
13. Do you train users in how to use software and hardware?